Terms & Conditions
USE OF THE UNIT AND THE SITE
- Customer responsible for providing a lock and for ensuring their unit is locked prior to leaving the site.
- Customer may use the Unit for storage and no other purpose.
- Customer not to store perishable items living creatures combustible or inflammable items (such as fuels, gas etc) weapons ammunition chemicals illegal substances potentially dangerous materials or any other items deemed unsuitable at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Customer must not attach anything to the walls ceiling floors or doors of the Unit and must advise the Company if any damage to the Unit occurs.
- Customer gives their permission to allow the Company to break their lock and/or for access to their Unit in an emergency and to give access to the Unit if required by the Police Fire Services Local Authority or by a Court Order.
- Access to the site is between the hours of 6am to 10pm and no person will be allowed on site outside these hours without the written consent of the Company.
- The key fob issued to the Customer which will gain access to the site remains the property of the Company and should be returned to the Company at the end of the Licence and if lost the customer will pay the company the sum of £20.00 (exclusive of VAT) for a replacement.
- The Licence Fee referred to in the Schedule will be payable in advance on a 4 weekly basis.
- In the event that any cheque in dishonoured the Company reserves the right to charge £20.00 on each occurrence.
- The Licence Fee is subject to increase on 4 weeks written notice.
- A deposit of 4 weeks Licence Fee will be payable on the commencement of this Agreement.
- If any part of the Licence Fee is still outstanding, 1 week after the due date the Customer will not be allowed access to the site.
- If any part of the Licence Fee is still outstanding 4 weeks after the due date the Company may:- (i) Give the Customer written notice that the Company will remove all the goods in the Unit if the Customer has not paid all outstanding amounts due in full within 7 days of the posting of a Notice by the Company to the Customer at the Customer’s address set out in the Schedule, (ii) On expiry of the 7 days notice sell the goods on behalf of the Customer and pass good title to them and use the proceeds of sale to discharge any outstanding fees and charges due and if the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge the outstanding liability to the company the Customer will remain liable for the balance, (iii) Treat any of the goods not sold as abandoned and destroy or otherwise dispose of them.
- VAT will be added to all payments at the standard rate.
- This Licence may be terminated by 2 weeks notice by either the Company or the Customer or such earlier date as shall be agreed between the parties.
- On termination of this Licence all goods must be removed from the Unit which shall be left clean and tidy and in the same condition as at the commencement date provided that if the Company have to clean the Unit or dispose of any goods or rubbish left in the Unit or on the site an appropriate charge will be made by the Company to the Customer.
- Any goods left in the Unit after termination will be considered as abandoned and disposed of.
- The deposit will be returned to the Customer (without interest) within 28 days of the termination of this Licence less any amount which the Company may reasonably deduct to cover any unpaid fees or charges.
- The Customer confirms that it has inspected the Unit and confirms it is suitable for use and in good condition at the commencement date and undertakes to advise the Company if there is any further damage or other defect affecting the Unit.
- The Customer agrees that it is its responsibility to insure the goods in the Unit and that the Company is under no liability whatsoever for any loss suffered by the Customer to the goods from whatever cause.
- The Customer agrees that this is a personal Licence to occupy the Unit and that the goods in the Unit will be solely owned by me.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage which the Customer may suffer as a direct result of its performance of this Licence being prevented hindered or delayed by reason of any act of God riot strike or lock-out trade dispute or labour disturbance accident breakdown of plant or machinery fire flood difficulty in obtaining workmen materials or transport electrical power internet or computer failures or other circumstances whatsoever outside the Company’s control and which affect the provision by the Company of access to or use of the Unit.
- This Licence cannot be assigned.
- This Licence is covered by English Law.